Shortline holding company Watco is seeking regulatory approval to acquire 43.6 miles of track from Norfolk Southern in Alabama between Maplesville and Autauga Creek, and 10.1 miles of track between Autauga Creek and Montgomery for creation of a new shortline railroad.
The new shortline would be named Autauga Northern Railroad.
Watco currently controls 22 shortline railroads in 18 states.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson