Shortline holding company Watco is seeking regulatory approval to acquire 43.6 miles of track from Norfolk Southern in Alabama between Maplesville and Autauga Creek, and 10.1 miles of track between Autauga Creek and Montgomery for creation of a new shortline railroad.
The new shortline would be named Autauga Northern Railroad.
Watco currently controls 22 shortline railroads in 18 states.
- Bus VP Studivant retires; James Sandoval is new VP
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten