Shortline holding company Watco is seeking regulatory approval to acquire 43.6 miles of track from Norfolk Southern in Alabama between Maplesville and Autauga Creek, and 10.1 miles of track between Autauga Creek and Montgomery for creation of a new shortline railroad.
The new shortline would be named Autauga Northern Railroad.
Watco currently controls 22 shortline railroads in 18 states.
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor