UTU Virginia State Legislative Director Walter W. Yeatts (UTU Local 971, Crewe, Va.) died unexpectedly Sunday, May 20. He had celebrated his 51st birthday May 12 and was a UTU member for more than 30 years, including service on Norfolk Southern and predecessor Norfolk & Western Railway.
He is survived by his wife, Hardy; sons Whit and Jonathan; daughter Jennifer, and grandson, Caleb.
The family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Shriners Children’s Hospital, 950 West Faris Rd., Greenville, S.C. 29605, or a charity of one’s choice.
“We have all lost a brother, a good friend and a most effective state legislative director,” said UTU National Legislative Director James Stem.
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Former VP Robert Earley passes away
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- TD President Ferguson to testify before House rail subcommittee
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- New York two-person crew bill heads to governor for signing￼
- General President Sellers’ Memorial Day video message
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Ferguson