In this video, General President Sellers discusses SMART operations directed at hurricane relief for members affected by recent hurricanes.
This includes the dispersal of approximately $500,000 (to date) in cash and material relief contributions to affected sheet metal and transportation members;
an immediate mobilization of volunteer members and local unions across the U.S. and Canada to deliver needed material to affected members (Thus includes box fans, dehumidifiers, bleach, food and diapers among other items);
SASMI trustees came together to allowed the Plan to make a special benefit payment to members who lost wages due to Hurricane Harvey and then a week later Irma. The resolution allowed SASMI to make a benefit payable for up to 40 hours of pay, and;
A dedicated grief and trauma counselor for affected SMART members at (877) 884-6227. For further updates regarding our disaster relief efforts, visit our disaster relief page.
Please contact your Business Manager or General Chairman immediately if you have suffered a loss or been affected by these natural disasters.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART General President Joseph Sellers receives George Meany Award during NCCMP Conference
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads