SAN ANTONIO — For the scores of Teamster Union members in their fourth week on the picket line here in a strike against Pioneer Flour Mill, times are tougher than usual.
UTU Local 756 (UP, San Antonio) Chairperson John Dunn understands the hardship, and as so often occurs among UTU members, Dunn became a point-of-light, personally stepping up to the plate on behalf of his striking Teamster brothers and sisters with a random act of kindness.
Filling his pickup truck bed with 10 cases of Gatorade he purchased at a local store, Dunn headed out to the picket line one afternoon in May to distribute the beverages to the striking Pioneer workers.
The flour mill has been using managers and temporary workers to operate during the strike, and Union Pacific is utilizing managers to switch cars of corn, wheat and starch across picket lines into the mill, according to the San Antonio Express newspaper.
- House subcommittee leaders take aim at PSR cuts in STB reauthorization hearing￼
- STB requires additional service reporting from railroads
- Longtime Mo. SLD passes away￼
- The Coordinated Bargaining Coalition again calls on NMB to proffer arbitration
- April 28th proclaimed “A Day of Honor and Remembrance for Railroad Workers” in Kansas
- TD GO-386 gets arbitration win over attempted BNSF pool consolidation, other work-rule changes
- “We won’t back down!”
- SMART Transportation Division issues statement on Amtrak board nominees
- RRB resumes in-person appointments
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB