VICTORIA, Texas — UTU member and Valley Transit bus operator Guadalupe Ruiz escaped injury May 12 when his bus was sideswiped by a pickup truck near here. Ruiz is a member of UTU Local 1670, Laredo, Texas.
The Associated Press reports that one of the bus passengers was killed and 21 other riders injured in the accident.
The Associated Press reports that bus was sent crashing into a light pole after being sideswiped. The bus was traveling from Houston to McAllen, Texas, on U.S. 77.
Witnesses told the Associated Press that Ruiz didn’t have time to react when the pickup sideswiped the right side of the bus. The pickup truck driver, who was not injured, was issued a citation for failing to yield the right-of-way at an intersection. Other charges may be brought against the pickup truck driver said the Victoria County district attorney’s office.
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor