UTU Amtrak conductors and yardmasters are currently in mediation with regard to an amended wage, benefits and working conditions agreement.
The UTU and Amtrak are far apart on a few difficult issues.
At this time, the parties are exploring alternative methods of interest-based resolution. This may or may not work. The UTU and Amtrak have an accelerated schedule with dates in January.
It will be known at the end of these sessions whether this approach has any hope of success, or if it will be necessary to go down the traditional path of self-help under provisions of the Railway Labor Act.
- Nevada members: Let Gov. Lombardo know he should sign rail safety bill!
- GO-851 and GO-513 reach tentative agreement with CSX with paid sick days
- Minnesota governor signs omnibus bill, making two-person freight crews law
- Input needed for union’s FTA bus operator safety comment
- Railroad Retirement Board statements of service being issued
- SMART-TD takes lead during ‘Railroad Safety Day’ on Capitol Hill
- Registration for annual SMART Leadership Conference now open for TD officers
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification
- Union launches rail hours of service violation report, updates safety condition and rail technology event report
- Rail Safety Act of 2023 (RSA) passes committee hearing, clears first legislative hurdle