Balloting to have your voice heard on the tentative National Rail Agreement (TA) closes 11:59 p.m. Eastern TONIGHT, Nov. 20, 2022.
We thank all of the members who have participated thus far by casting your vote. For those who have not yet voted, we wanted to provide a one-stop source of information that can be referred to prior to the close of balloting at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern) Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022.
BE INFORMED BEFORE DECIDING: Transportation Division President Jeremy Ferguson and Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen President Dennis Pierce engaged in a candid, in-depth town-hall meeting with members of both unions Nov. 9 and fielded questions regarding all aspects of the TA. Please see above to watch.
IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A BALLOT: Ballots were mailed to the addresses that the union had on file for eligible members via USPS first class mail two weeks ago. If you have not received your ballot and you believe that you are eligible to vote, please contact the SMART-TD office and submit your request for a replacement ballot. For the quickest response, requests may be submitted by emailing ContractQuestions@smart-union.org. Replacement ballot requests may also be submitted by calling (216) 227-5424. When submitting your request, please provide your full name, home address, last 4 digits of your Social Security number and date of birth. Once your identity and eligibility are confirmed, you will be provided with the pertinent materials and instructions to cast your vote.
REGARDING H&W: Payment rates for the plans have been announced, pending ratification.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOUR VOTE COUNTS! To have a say on this TA, all eligible members are encouraged to exercise their democratic rights as a member of our union.
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- TD Ohio SLD to appear before Senate at hearing today
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- STB approves CP-KCS merger
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor
- Railway Safety Act top of mind at Senate’s NS hearing
- From the Ballast: Accountability? Shaw didn’t show it