Union Pacific will increase its capital spending by 25 percent to $3.25 billion in 2011, reports the Journal of Commerce.
UP capital exenditures in 2010 totaled $2.6 billion.
UP said it will be purchasing as many as 200 new locomotives in 2011, upgrade numerous corridors to accommodate double-stack container cars, and replace a 100-year-old bridge across the Mississippi River at Clinton, Iowa, the Journal of Commerce reported.
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten
- SMART-TD Announces Its Support for STB’s Historic Declaration of Reciprocal Switching