Union Pacific will increase its capital spending by 25 percent to $3.25 billion in 2011, reports the Journal of Commerce.
UP capital exenditures in 2010 totaled $2.6 billion.
UP said it will be purchasing as many as 200 new locomotives in 2011, upgrade numerous corridors to accommodate double-stack container cars, and replace a 100-year-old bridge across the Mississippi River at Clinton, Iowa, the Journal of Commerce reported.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Announcement to come regarding PEB
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session