Union Pacific will increase its capital spending by 25 percent to $3.25 billion in 2011, reports the Journal of Commerce.
UP capital exenditures in 2010 totaled $2.6 billion.
UP said it will be purchasing as many as 200 new locomotives in 2011, upgrade numerous corridors to accommodate double-stack container cars, and replace a 100-year-old bridge across the Mississippi River at Clinton, Iowa, the Journal of Commerce reported.
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor