Labor unions are funneling cash to a super-PAC tied to a former lawmaker that is working to elect centrist Republicans to Congress.
Unions have contributed about $765,000 so far to the Defending Main Street Super-PAC, which is associated with former GOP lawmaker Steve LaTourette (R-Ohio), according to Federal Election Commission records.
To view SMART Transportation Division National Legislative Director James Stem’s comments, read the complete story at The Hill.
- SMART-TD and labor win latest battle against carriers, AAR
- FRA issues safety advisory on long trains
- Input from hybrid rail workers/volunteer firefighters needed
- SMART News episode 10 features Local 19 member on Biden endorsement, coverage of railroad victories, GP Coleman’s visit to Tenn. megaproject and more
- SMART-TD takes action to defend transit worker safety
- FRA deems NS’s new hire training program ‘unacceptable,’ mandates fix in 45 days
- AFL-CIO TTD unions reaffirm rail labor’s support for STB chair
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific
- Input needed for union’s FTA bus operator safety comment