The Union Plus Scholarship online application system was unable to handle the high volume of applicants prior to the Jan. 31 deadline, the Union Plus program reports.
Union Plus is currently working to identify all applicants who experienced problems accessing or submitting their application and will give them an opportunity to complete their application.
Union Plus issued the following release on Feb. 1:
“Please accept our apologies for the problems you may have experienced submitting your online application. Our partner’s online application system had trouble handling the recent high volume of activity, but we’ve worked with them to resolve the issues.
“We have a record of all applicants who logged in or attempted to login to our system during the last three days and we are sending an email out to all of those applicants. The email will note that their application has been re-opened and that they will have 2 more days to login to complete and submit their application.
“The email will go to the email address used to set up scholarship login IDs. Also, on Feb. 1, an email was sent to all applicants who have successfully submitted applications verifying that their completed application was received.
“If you do not receive an email from the scholarship website, please send a request to open your application to email@example.com and make sure to include your login ID.”
The scholarship, sponsored by the AFL-CIO’s Union Plus program, is available to UTU members and their children to assist with the costs of a college education.
In 2011, the children of two UTU members were awarded $500 scholarships through the program.
- Local 1715 members ratify contract with CATS
- Fiery derailment causes evacuation in Ohio
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- TTD’s Regan testifies at new T&I committee’s first hearing
- Local 1470 member included on Railway Age’s ‘Fast Trackers’ list
- Support needed for Wyoming train-length bill effort
- UP actions prompt departure from safety program
- SMART-TD announces enhanced benefits with new Voluntary Long-Term Disability (VLTD) carrier
- Local 168 mourns passing of Chairperson Garcia
- TD Disaster Relief Fund in urgent need of donations