Union Pacific Corp. said it has placed about 900 train crew employees on furlough or alternative work status to align its work force with current market conditions and demand.
The railroad employs about 47,000 people across its system, 8,000 in Nebraska.
Union Pacific Corp. also has mothballed locomotives as its transport volumes run 4 percent lower so far this quarter, compared with a 2 percent drop in the first quarter.
Read more from the Journal Star.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available