The Columbus Dispatch reported that the issue of crew consist has railroads at odds with federal regulators. This comes after the Federal Railroad Administration announced a proposed rule earlier this year requiring two-person crews on trains.
Standing with the FRA, and this rule, are railroad employees, their unions and the public.
SMART TD National Legislative Director John Risch told the Columbus Dispatch, “Today, the only safe way to run a train is with two crew members. I would quit my job before I went out there by myself.”
Click here to read more from the Columbus Dispatch.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC