Alternate to the Transportation Division’s Executive Board Jeremy Don Brooks has joined the Executive Board following the retirement of former board member Steve Dawson March 1.
Brooks has been employed by Union Pacific Railroad since 2004 and received promotion to engineer in 2007. Since then, he’s been active in the affairs of Local 937 at Mart, Texas. Brooks began his union career by serving as alternate delegate for his local. He rose through the ranks quickly, serving as local chairperson, vice general chairperson for UP General Committee of Adjustment GO 927 and then first vice chairperson for the committee. He currently serves as the chairperson for Local 937. According to the SMART Constitution, Brooks was automatically elevated to the board upon
Crest began his railroad career in 1993 when he hired out with Copper Basin Railway. In 1997, Crest joined UP in Tucson, Ariz. His union career began in 2003, when he was elected to the position of vice local chairperson of Local 807 at Tucson. He was elected by acclamation in both 2007 and 2011 to the position of local chairperson.
Crest has also served as delegate for the local since 2011. In 2010, he was elected to the position of vice general chairperson of UP GO 887 and was reelected by acclamation in 2011. He was elected general chairperson in January 2015. Crest currently resides in Bakersfield, Calif.
The Board of Directors notified Crest of his election April 17.
- SMART Local 28’s Leah Rambo appointed deputy director of U.S. DOL Women’s Bureau executive team
- BNSF asks the FRA for permission to run trains with 120 CFM of flow in the name of safety
- Hudson Tunnel project to create more than 70,000 jobs in New York and New Jersey
- B&P Tunnel replacement project in Baltimore promises jobs, better conditions for SMART members
- EPI study estimates money lost by misclassified workers
- Union Plus scholarship deadline approaching; others open for TD members’ families
- FMCSA pre-employment requirement in effect Jan. 6
- Railroad Retirement and Unemployment Insurance Taxes in 2023
- Action needed to support Congressional Workers Union
- Union states 2PC case before FRA