Alternate to the Transportation Division’s Executive Board Jeremy Don Brooks has joined the Executive Board following the retirement of former board member Steve Dawson March 1.
Brooks has been employed by Union Pacific Railroad since 2004 and received promotion to engineer in 2007. Since then, he’s been active in the affairs of Local 937 at Mart, Texas. Brooks began his union career by serving as alternate delegate for his local. He rose through the ranks quickly, serving as local chairperson, vice general chairperson for UP General Committee of Adjustment GO 927 and then first vice chairperson for the committee. He currently serves as the chairperson for Local 937. According to the SMART Constitution, Brooks was automatically elevated to the board upon
Crest began his railroad career in 1993 when he hired out with Copper Basin Railway. In 1997, Crest joined UP in Tucson, Ariz. His union career began in 2003, when he was elected to the position of vice local chairperson of Local 807 at Tucson. He was elected by acclamation in both 2007 and 2011 to the position of local chairperson.
Crest has also served as delegate for the local since 2011. In 2010, he was elected to the position of vice general chairperson of UP GO 887 and was reelected by acclamation in 2011. He was elected general chairperson in January 2015. Crest currently resides in Bakersfield, Calif.
The Board of Directors notified Crest of his election April 17.
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- Local 12 apprentices get hands-on architectural experience
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- Your experiences – our PEB case!
- SMART Local 206 journeyworker wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Rail labor statement regarding the appointment of a PEB
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- The TRUTH about the railroad supply chain and labor negotiations