General President Sellers led a group of SMART leaders joining Sean McGarvey, president of the North America’s Building Trades Unions, Terry O’Sullivan, president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA) and others in a day one meeting with President Donald Trump at the White House. The meeting was held to discuss revitalizing American jobs and giving American workers a fair playing field, as described by White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
Earlier in the day, the President signed an Executive Order withdrawing the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a deal staunchly opposed by American working families across the country and throughout the labor movement.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC