The UTU International is conducting a local treasurers’ workshop at its headquarters in North Olmsted, Ohio, Oct. 8-10.
Attendance is limited to 24 registrants.
Those interested in attending the workshop should contact the office of the UTU director of updating/auditing department. Call (216) 228-9400, or email Karen Cashin at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to register is Sept. 23.
While all local treasurers will likely benefit from this workshop, newly elected treasurers are strongly encouraged to attend.
The three-day session will include all training and materials at no cost to local treasurers. However, the local is responsible for all other costs associated with the treasurer’s attendance at the workshop. Lost time or salary, travel, hotel and meal expenses connected with attendance may be reimbursed if pre-approved at a local meeting as an allowable expense of the local.
The workshop will provide local treasurers with hands-on training on the responsibilities and reporting duties pertaining to their office, including direct receipts and Winstabs. It will also focus on completion of mandatory filings for LM reports and Form 990 and DOL requirements.
The workshop will be held at the UTU International Headquarters at 24950 Country Club Blvd., Ste. 340 in North Olmsted. UTU corporate room rates of $78 per night, plus tax, are available at the Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport, 25070 Country Club Blvd. in North Olmsted, which is conveniently located adjacent to the parking lot of the UTU headquarters. The deadline for room reservations is Sept. 23.
Reservations can be made by calling the Radisson directly at (440) 734-5060. Provide the code “UTU” when making reservations. The Radisson hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to and from Cleveland Hopkins Airport and a complimentary breakfast buffet.
Training sessions will be conducted by UTU International Auditors Stephen Noyes, Bobby Brantley and Mike Araujo.
Space is limited and attendees will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that those attending make their hotel reservations at the time of registration.
Attendees should bring a notebook computer and a USB flash drive.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson