UTU local treasurers are not required to file Internal Revenue Service Form 990-N by May 15.
However, said UTU International Auditor Steve Noyes, locals that are required to file IRS Forms 990 and 990-EZ must still file those forms by the May 15 deadline.
Noyes said he was told by IRS representatives that their Web site has been receiving a large influx of people submitting the 990 forms. As a result of the high traffic to the site, the site is experiencing slow response times.
Locals must still file Form 990-N; but not prior to May 15.
- New SMART News features interviews with GP Sellers, incoming GP Coleman, an update on rail legislation following East Palestine, and more
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor
- Daughter of GC Richard Finley passes away
- SMART-TD strongly supports bipartisan Railway Safety Act of 2023
- Your contributions make our union voice stronger!
- RRB releases schedule of spring pre-retirement seminars
- Local 28 member showcases SMART members’ role in fight against climate change
- SMART statement on President Biden’s 2023 State of the Union address