There is a smartphone app for SMART TD members covered under the Railroad Employees National Health and Welfare Plan or the National Railway Carriers and SMART TD Health and Welfare Plan.
The mobile app is available for users of iPhone, Blackberry and Droid platforms, and the app will link to Aetna, Highmark BCBS, United Healthcare and Medco.
The app will allow you to:
* Obtain your member number and other pertinent information, and even allow you to print a temporary medical ID card.
* Obtain cost and quality data for certain providers and services (transparency tools can help you make more informed choices).
* Access claims information, popular tools and explanation of benefits.
* Find providers in your area, call them and obtain directions to the provider.
* Check your benefits and coverage information.
* Contact member services via phone or email.
Here is how to download the app:
* Log onto your secure member sites of Aetna (www.aetna.com); Highmark BCBS (www.highmarkbcbs.com); United Healthcare (www.myuhc.com); or Medco (www.medco.com).
You will need your secure user ID and password to proceed. If not registered on the site, you will have to do so when you log on.
Once logged on, you will find information on how to download the provider’s app to your smartphone.
Remember that federal regulations or employer policies may prohibit your using electronic devices, including smartphones, while on duty.
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor