Valley View, Texas – A freight train has derailed in North Texas during stormy weather leaving 17 cars off the tracks and four crewmembers slightly hurt.
BNSF Railway spokesman Joe Faust says the derailment happened early Friday near Valley View, 50 miles northwest of Dallas. Four engines and 13 cars derailed.
Faust says the southbound train was hauling a variety of freight to the Fort Worth area, but no hazardous materials. Nothing spilled.
Read more from ABC-13.
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Minnesota SMART members win legislative victories across sheet metal and transportation
- SMART remembers and honors all who have made the ultimate sacrifice
- SMART Women’s Committee welcomes new members
- SMART-TD announces a price reduction for the Discipline Income Protection Program (DIPP) going into effect on August 1, 2023
- Retired General Chairperson Al Nowlin passes away
- SMART sisters reflect on Women in Construction Week 2023
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor
- Local 85 (Ga.) Service Awards
- Secure your future. Vote!