The 2022 Tentative Agreement (TA) documents for Transportation Division members under national rail contract handling are available to be reviewed through the SMART Member Portal.
Both PDFs of the TA (with rate tables to be added) and the Questions and Answers that accompany it are ready for members to read and to seek clarification about prior to filling out ballots, which are to enter the mail system next week, kicking off the 21-day voting period.
It goes without saying that it is of the utmost importance that each member takes the time to read these documents. If you are having difficulty in accessing the documents or have questions, please contact your local leadership.
This agreement will set the table for our members’ financial security and quality of life for five years, and it is important to do a thorough review of the TA before making your voice heard through the ballot process.
It has been a long and difficult path to get to the point of having an agreement for rail labor to consider. This most important part of the process is up to each of you.
- <strong>New Talking SMART highlights SMART-TD’s fight for rail safety following derailments in Ohio, Minnesota and more</strong>
- Illinois State Legislative Director helps announce major rail project
- ‘Best practices’ to be discussed at officers’ TD coalition meeting in May
- SMART General President Joseph Sellers, Jr. to retire in May 2023
- From the Ballast: ‘Getting railroaded’
- Union Pacific reaches labor agreement with largest union
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Norfolk Southern and SMART-TD statement on conductor redeployment bargaining
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!