The Tennessee Valley Authority has provided tens of millions of people with consistently good service for eight decades. Its prices are lower than those of many private corporations. And it has provided good jobs and career training opportunities for generations of working people, including many of your brothers and sisters in SMART.
The TVA does not receive taxpayer dollars and its debt is not taxpayer funded. Further, it has been a model of efficiency and opportunity.
For some reason, President Obama intends to sell off the TVA to the highest bidder. Tell the President this is unacceptable.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available