COLUMBUS, Ohio – The first step in the process to mandate a minimum of two-person freight train crews in Ohio (H.B. 107) occurred Wednesday, March 29, when the Ohio Transportation & Safety Committee held its first hearing on the bill.
To make H.B. 107 a law in Ohio, we need TD union members, friends, family and anyone who cares about the safety of workers and the safety of our communities to click the link below to send a message to the members of the Ohio Transportation & Safety Committee, urging them to support this vital safety measure.
TAKE ACTION! Take a minute and click here to send a message in support of Ohio H.B. 107. Please share with friends and family to do the same!
TAKE ACTION IN YOUR STATE! Email us news of two-person crew or right-to-work (IS WRONG) legislation in your state to News_TD@smart-union.org.
TAKE ACTION to support H.R. 233, The Safe Freight Act, which would require a minimum of two-person crews on all freight trains operating in the United States. Click here to send a message to your U.S. House and Senate reps. in support of H.R. 233.
TAKE ACTION by calling members of the Ohio Transportation & Safety Committee (phone numbers listed below). Ask your Representatives to support H.B. 107 and thank the sponsors and co-sponsors for their support.
Ohio House Transportation & Safety Committee members (in order by district):
- *Tom Patton (R – Dist. 7): 614-466-4895
- *Stephanie Howse (D – Dist. 11): 614-466-1414
- VC Dave Greenspan (R – Dist. 16): 614-466-0961
- *Jim Hughes (R – Dist. 24): 614-466-8012
- Alicia Reece (D – Dist. 33): 614-466-1308
- Tony DeVitis (R – Dist. 36): 614-466-1790
- *Mike Sheehy (D – Dist. 46): 614-466-1418
- *Thomas West (D – Dist. 49): 614-466-8030
- Candice Keller (R – Dist. 53): 614-644-5094
- Nathan Manning (R – Dist. 55): 614-644-5076
- *Michele LaPore-Hagan (D – Dist. 58): 614-466-9435
- Chairman Doug Green (R – Dist. 66): 614-644-6034
- Darrell Kick (R – Dist. 70): 614-466-2994
- Larry Householder (R – Dist. 72): 614-466-2500
- Terry Johnson (R – Dist. 90): 614-466-2124
*Denotes Sponsor or Co-sponsor of H.B. 107