NEW YORK — UTU represented Staten Island Railway (SIR) has a new vice president and chief officer, Stephone Montgomery, who succeeds John Gaul, reports railwayage.com.
Montgomery is a 27-year veteran of New York’s Metropolitan Transit Administration (MTA), the parent of SIR. The SIR’s 265 employees serve some 25,000 passengers daily at 22 stations over a 14.3 mile route.
Montgomery most recently was an MTA subway general manager, and previously was a car cleaner, locomotive engineer and then official with another MTA subsidiary, the Long Island Rail Road.
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Announcement to come regarding PEB
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session