It has become frustrating to see that the U.S. House of Representatives has become so dysfunctional that it can no longer do its job and pass legislation to fund basic programs and services that it has already authorized itself to do so.
This is why confidence In the U.S. House of Representatives has reached is lowest level in history.
Radical Tea Party Republicans are responsible for shutting down the people’s government. Their attempt at political gain puts the livelihood of many American workers and the recovery of our economy unnecessarily at risk.
SMART proudly represents 216,000 working people in the sheet metal, construction, manufacturing and transportation industries who will be affected by the government shutdown. We appeal to the House leadership to put an end to this circus and pass the clean Continuing Resolution that has already passed the US Senate.
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Ferguson
- SMART University: TD Membership 101 available in Member Portal
- LAST CALL: TD San Antonio Regional Training Seminar room reservations
- Coordinated Bargaining Coalition welcomes face-to-face mediation over national contract negotiations
- SMART Transportation Division issues statement on Amtrak board nominees
- CBC unions reject lump-sum offers, seek proffer of arbitration
- Calendar for national contract mediation sessions
- SMART-TD announces 2022 Leadership Conference