I would like to congratulate John Previsch who was elected president of the International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation Workers’ Transportation Division this week.
In addition to John, I would like to extend my congratulations and best wishes to National Legislative Director James A. Stem who will retire September 30. He will be replaced by John Risch who I look forward to working with on behalf of the members of this great International Union.
Besides Risch and Previsich, I would like to also like to congratulate David B. Wier, John E. Lesniewski, John R. England, Doyle K. Turner, Jeremy R. Ferguson, Troy L. Johnson and Adhi S. Reddy on their successful elections. Together, I look forward to all of us moving forward together as one united Union for the benefit of all our members.
Joseph J. Nigro
SMART General President
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- Statement from SMART-TD regarding the commencement of the Presidential Emergency Board
- Your experiences – our PEB case!
- DIPP assessments to be reduced in October
- The TRUTH about the railroad supply chain and labor negotiations
- NMB proffers arbitration to United Rail Unions
- Ferguson to House subcommittee: ‘I’m screaming into the bullhorn’ for help￼
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Ferguson