On June 9, 2022, 3M Fall Protection announced a stop use/recall of specific 3M™ DBI-SALA® ShockWave™2 Arc Flash Shock Absorbing Lanyards. 3M determined that, for a limited number of devices, a potential manufacturing issue could result in the lanyard not performing properly in the event of a fall, which could result in severe injury or death. There have been no reports of injuries, accidents or complaints associated with this issue.
At this time, users/owners of affected lanyards can choose to receive either a free new replacement unit (when available) or a cash option. Visit the recall website to read the detailed recall notice, view a list of affected part numbers and file a claim for any affected lanyards you own.
- Watch the Skies — It’s National Lightning Safety Week!
- Apprentices from five states compete in regional contest
- SMART Army Mobilizes to Support Wisconsin Kids
- Third week of NMB sessions concludes; unions again call for proffer of arbitration
- United Rail Unions’ statement following NMB sessions
- SMOHIT on Safeguarding Women’s Health in the Trades
- General President Sellers’ Memorial Day video message
- NEMIC welcomes new certified contractors
- ITI ramps up Ventilation Verification for IAQ curriculum
- Recent grad shares “I Got Your Back” story from her apprenticeship