On June 9, 2022, 3M Fall Protection announced a stop use/recall of specific 3M™ DBI-SALA® ShockWave™2 Arc Flash Shock Absorbing Lanyards. 3M determined that, for a limited number of devices, a potential manufacturing issue could result in the lanyard not performing properly in the event of a fall, which could result in severe injury or death. There have been no reports of injuries, accidents or complaints associated with this issue.
At this time, users/owners of affected lanyards can choose to receive either a free new replacement unit (when available) or a cash option. Visit the recall website to read the detailed recall notice, view a list of affected part numbers and file a claim for any affected lanyards you own.
- So. Cal union sheet metal workers help win citywide project labor agreement
- A conversation about the BE4ALL initiative
- Illinois sheet metal worker on how Local 219 “changed [his] life”
- Union sheet metal workers’ mental health program spotlighted by America’s Work Force Union Podcast
- SMART Chief International Rep. Scott Parks passes away
- Ontario sheet metal worker discusses the union difference
- Local 44 sheet metal worker: “SMART was the best choice that I ever made for my family.”
- Northern California sheet metal worker shares member story
- SMART statement on Inflation Reduction Act anniversary
- Department of Labor updates prevailing wage regulations in win for SMART members and building trades workers