On June 9, 2022, 3M Fall Protection announced a stop use/recall of specific 3M™ DBI-SALA® ShockWave™2 Arc Flash Shock Absorbing Lanyards. 3M determined that, for a limited number of devices, a potential manufacturing issue could result in the lanyard not performing properly in the event of a fall, which could result in severe injury or death. There have been no reports of injuries, accidents or complaints associated with this issue.
At this time, users/owners of affected lanyards can choose to receive either a free new replacement unit (when available) or a cash option. Visit the recall website to read the detailed recall notice, view a list of affected part numbers and file a claim for any affected lanyards you own.
- SM Local 24 member joins NABTU, union leaders, elected officials to highlight opportunity in Ohio
- SMART General President Joseph Sellers, Jr. to retire in May 2023
- SMART releases new video to help sheet metal members travel for work
- SMART Local 66, SMACNA-Western Washington introduce first-ever lactation pods in sheet metal industry
- Local 280 SMART Army honored for Terry Fox Run participation
- Second BE4ALL Toolbox Talk promotes “Effective Communication”
- SMART News highlights the labor advocacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Michigan moves closer to repealing anti-worker “right-to-work” law
- SMART Women In Construction Week video profiles first woman SMART sheet metal worker in Rhode Island
- SMART News: SMART members, building trades workers rally for a PLA in Prince George’s County, Maryland