On June 9, 2022, 3M Fall Protection announced a stop use/recall of specific 3M™ DBI-SALA® ShockWave™2 Arc Flash Shock Absorbing Lanyards. 3M determined that, for a limited number of devices, a potential manufacturing issue could result in the lanyard not performing properly in the event of a fall, which could result in severe injury or death. There have been no reports of injuries, accidents or complaints associated with this issue.
At this time, users/owners of affected lanyards can choose to receive either a free new replacement unit (when available) or a cash option. Visit the recall website to read the detailed recall notice, view a list of affected part numbers and file a claim for any affected lanyards you own.
- VP Harris visits SM Local 17, highlights partnership with SMART and steps to lower energy costs
- American Rescue Plan funding saves thousands of SMART pensions
- Local 18 fourth-year apprentice wins October Tradeswomen Heroes award
- SM Local 49 Business Manager/Financial Secretary-Treasurer brings SMART priorities to White House
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- SMART Local 18 apprentice wins September Tradeswomen Heroes award
- Commenting on Rule of 2 a call to action for our members, allies
- SMART Local 16 (Portland, Ore.) members strike at 360 Sheet Metal
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act