SMART recognizes the importance of mentorship when it comes to providing assistance and development for an individual’s career path in the sheet metal industry. Below are resources available for members looking to secure their own mentoring program.
We recommend starting with an action plan first. An example is below.
- Mentor Training complete: first group
- Mentoring Training for second group
To be scheduled:
- Mentee Orientation for apprentices – after school starts
- Speed Matching Event with mentors and mentees – scheduled with Mentee Orientation
- Match Evaluation/Check-in (Quarterly)
- Create database with matches
- Coordinate ongoing training/events
- Organize reward system for matches
- Promote program
Become a SMART Member
Take the next step on your journey towards a rewarding career. Learn how you can become a SMART member.
Are you experiencing issues at work? Your union has your back. Contact us via our SMART Hotline.