Designated Legal Counsel (DLC) Anthony Petru has been chosen as coordinator of the DLC Program. Petru replaces long-time DLC member and Coordinator Steve Young, who retired earlier this autumn.
Petru is a long-time DLC with years of experience in the rail industry. He graduated from University of California, Berkeley, and attended law school at the University of San Francisco. He joined the law firm of Hildebrand, McLeod & Nelson in 1980. Petru is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association and the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys.
“We appreciate Anthony’s willingness to serve as coordinator and look forward to working with him in his new position,” said Transportation Division President John Previsich.
Meanwhile, Previsich lauded Young’s service to our membership. “Steve’s contribution to the DLC program while serving as coordinator cannot be overstated, nor can his many other contributions to the union overall. Steve has been of great service to this union for over 40 years, beginning with holding office at the local and general committee level through his continued affiliation during his professional career. His contribution to the education and training of our members through his presentations at our regional meetings is legendary. Steve’s presence and leadership will be missed.”
Members can reach Petru by calling (800) 447-7500, visiting his website www.hmnlaw.com or by visiting the SMART TD Designated Legal Counsel pages.
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen