Switchman Thomas A. Wall, 22, of Local 206 (Peru, Ind.) died suddenly on Oct. 19 after experiencing a flare-up of an autoimmune liver disease while at work. His family said that he was responding well to treatment and was looking forward to returning to work after undergoing a few more procedures.
A 2018 graduate of Speedway High School, Brother Wall enjoyed computer gaming and model railroading. After high school, he attended Michigan Tech University where he was a member of the Railroad Engineering & Activities Club. His dream job was to work for the railroad, a dream which came true when he hired on with Norfolk Southern earlier this year.
Brother Wall is survived by his parents Dennis (a retired railroader) and Crystal Wall; sister, Melanie Wall; grandparents, Russell and Janet Beery; many aunts, uncles, cousins and his newly-adopted cat, Nubbs. He was preceded in death by his mother, Terri L. (Glidewell) Wall; grandparents Carl and Jeanne Wall, Hubert Jr. and Gloria Ann Glidewell; as well as an uncle, Edward G. Wall.
Donations for funeral costs may be sent directly to the family: Dennis & Crystal Wall, 2726 Patton Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46224.
SMART-TD offers our heartfelt condolences to the Wall family, Local 206 and to all who knew and worked with Brother Wall.
- SMART-TD statement on the results of the U.S. Senate vote to impose the rail agreement
- SMART-TD statement on potential extension of status-quo period
- SMART-TD statement on congressional intervention in the national rail negotiations
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- Balloting closes TONIGHT for tentative national rail agreement
- SMART-TD, BLET town hall yields facts about tentative agreement
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson