Dear Members of the SMART Transportation Division:
The Baton Rouge, Louisiana flood waters, caused by an unprecedented, “thousand-year rainfall” have subsided, yet the devastation left behind in loss of life and destruction of property is immeasurable.
Baton Rouge is located nearly 100 feet above sea level, and was not considered a high flood risk area, which left most homeowners without flood insurance. Even those who had flood insurance are realizing nearly all of these insurance policies cap out at $30,000, which barely covers the cost of clean-up.
Some of those affected by the devastation are our Brothers and Sisters of SMART Transportation Division (SMART TD) who live in and near the Baton Rouge area. The silver lining is, and will continue to be, the generosity of citizens around the country who are giving what they can to help those affected to reclaim their lives.
We are asking the SMART TD family to rise to the call and give what you can, so that the daunting task of starting over and rebuilding can begin. Your generous donation will help lessen the struggle and bring real hope and relief to our SMART TD members who are suffering from this great loss.
SMART TD will administer donations sent to the UTU Disaster Relief Fund.
Questions? Please call the Transportation Division at: 216-228-9400.
Contributions may be sent to:
UTU Disaster Relief Fund
24950 Country Club Blvd.
North Olmsted, OH 44070-5333
President, SMART Transportation Division
The SMART Transportation Division is comprised of approximately 125,000 active and retired members of the former United Transportation Union, who work in a variety of different crafts in the transportation industry.
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- TD Local 446 mourns loss of member who died while on the job
- FRA Administrator Bose: Safety is first
- TTD President Regan: Transportation labor has shown it’s a driving force
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”