A member and leader at SMART Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 33 has been tapped as president of the Toledo (OH) City Council.
Matt Cherry, who represents District 2, received 11 of 12 votes from his counterparts on the city council to become its new leader.
The president runs biweekly City Council meetings, sets the council agenda and appoints chairmen to its committees. He also serves as first in line to become Major in case the current Major became incapacitated.
Cherry, who is 37 years of age, is a long time Business Representative and member of Local 33.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”
- Special Focus: Infrastructure and Jobs Act expected to create jobs for SMART members