SMART Sheet Metal Workers Local 105 was presented with a Los Angeles County Scroll along with Jobs to Move America and a coalition of organizations, in recognition of their collaborative efforts in the adoption of the U.S. Employment Plan Policy at LA Metro.
The U.S. Employment Plan includes three types of policy tools that will benefit workers in Los Angeles County. These includue the following:
Disclosure: requires transit vehicle manufacturers disclose the number and quality of U.S. jobs.
Evaluation: provides a system of voluntary price credits and scoring to help evaluate the quality of proposals submitted under the plan.
Compliance & Implementation: contract and enforcement language that ensures transparency and accountability of U.S. jobs commitments on a contract.
President/Business Manager Luther Medina accepted the scroll on behalf of Local 105. He was accompanied by Local 105 Organizer Willy Solorzano and International Organizer Manny Gonzalez.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC
- SMART statement on President Biden’s signing of the Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART statement on White House Back to School 2022 collaboration to improve indoor air quality
- SMART statement on passage of Inflation Reduction Act
- SMART Leadership Conference day three: building solidarity and strength
- SMART Leadership Conference day two: locals continue hard work
- SMART statement on signing of the CHIPS and Science Act
- Inaugural SMART Leadership Conference kicks off in San Francisco with “Growth Through Unity”