On Tuesday, January 26, SMART TD’s Georgia State Legislative Director (SLD) Matt Campbell, led Georgia lawmakers on a tour of the CSX railroad yard and Atlanta training center.
“This was a great opportunity to teach our legislators about the duties and responsibilities of railroad workers. It opens the door for us to communicate our needs as an organization,” said Campbell.
“You should have seen them operate the locomotive simulators. They had no idea we carried so much responsibility while operating a train,” he added.
Pictured at right: Georgia State Representative Pat Gardner (D); Matt Campbell, SMART Ga. SLD; and Christian Coomer (R), Chairman of the Georgia House Transportation Committee.
- ERMA lifetime maximum benefit to increase in 2023
- RRB: Credit for military service under the Railroad Retirement Act
- 2022 Tentative Agreement ratification results and next steps
- Split decision: Unions for engineers and conductors take different routes in freight rail contract ratification vote
- A message to veterans from President Ferguson
- Update on SMART-TD balloting for National Rail Tentative Agreement
- Appearances with federal officials reinforce that union is labor leader in Kansas
- Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar hotel deadline now Oct. 28
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- TD Local 653 legislative representative receives Chicago labor award