Union employees from BYD Coach & Bus conducted their first toy drive this year, and it was a success, as employees donated about 800 toys and clothing.
They distributed the gifts Friday morning at the Penny Lane Center. Penny Lane is a non-profit organization that provides therapeutic residential services, foster family home placements, adoption services, transitional and affordable housing, family preservation, intensive services and mental health services for children youth and families throughout Los Angeles County.
“I think we could not have picked a better place than Penny Lane,” union organizer Willy Solorzano said.
Click here to read the article.
- SMART statement on passage of CHIPS and Science Act
- SMART Local 206 journeyworker wins July NABTU Tradeswomen Heroes Award
- Representatives Norcross and Chu introduce No Tax Break for Union Busting Act
- New Ford EV plant “a game-changer” for SMART Tenn. local
- SMART statement on SCOTUS roll-back of reproductive rights
- SMART Education Department holds organizing training in Portland
- Talking SMART: Member Brings Voice of Working Families to CT Statehouse
- Special Focus: Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund certified as healthy, in the ‘Green Zone’
- SM Local 73 lends warmth to Chicago residents
- SM Local 9 SMART MAP Eliminates Stigma Around Mental Health