In July 2022, yet another SMART sister earned recognition from North America’s Building Trades Unions (NABTU) for her hard work and proven track record: Annet Del Rosario, a journeyperson out of SMART Local 206 (San Diego, California).
“Her positive attitude and relentless work ethic are infectious to those around her,” said Local 206 in the NABTU press release announcing Del Rosario’s Tradeswomen Heroes Award win. “I can’t think of anyone that deserves more accolades for everything she means to our local and those lucky enough to be around her.”
Del Rosario joined Local 206 in March 2002, committing to the union’s five-year apprenticeship program in August 2003 and turning out as a journeyperson in 2008. Since then, she has worked in the field as well as the shop on the HVAC side; she’s also served several terms as a trustee and an e-board member. In her current position, she is the shop foreman at Able Heating & Air — the first female to fill each position in the local’s history. Del Rosario’s tireless advocacy continues outside of work as well: She created and is president of Building Trades Sisters, an all-female union trades group in San Diego.
“Annet is the shining example of what can be done when someone puts their mind to it,” added the Local 206 press release. “She has always wanted to put in the work to receive the rewards.”
SMART congratulates sister Annet Del Rosario for this well-deserved recognition!
- Special Focus: This is our time
- This is our time
- This is our time to prepare for a changing world
- Bus and transit workers deserve protection
- Raising the standards for all workers
- FRA issues safety advisory on long trains
- Darrell Roberts takes on new challenges as assistant to the general president
- New GP Coleman brings leadership, innovation to members
- Retired General President Sellers honored by SMART-TD
- SMART endorses President Joe Biden for second term