On January 26, 2016, SMART Sheet Metal General Committee 1 signed 17 new members that work for Bombardier at TriRail in Miami & West Palm, FL. After a long organizing campaign that lasted months, followed by a long round of negotiations, a five (5) year agreement was reached for members that perform mechanical and store house work for Bombardier.
The agreement gives members yearly General Wage Increases (GWI), bonuses and a cap on the cost of health care. According to General Chairman Joe Fraley, “the majority of these individuals have never been in a union prior to now. Because of this, we have and continue to spend time working individually with each worker on the enforcement of their new collectively bargained contract and what they can expect from their union. We look forward to using this success as a launching pad for further growth at here and at nearby facilities.”
- American Rescue Plan funding saves thousands of SMART pensions
- Secure your future. Vote!
- Solidarity with Kingspan workers
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body