SMACNA and SMART recognize that diversity strengthens our workforce, benefits our communities, and makes the unionized sheet metal industry stronger and more competitive by reflecting the communities where we operate and the people we serve. To affirm our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have agreed to develop, with the help of experts, a coordinated strategic plan with long-term and short-term objectives which will be evaluated and adjusted as necessary. Our unified goal is to shift the mindset of management, labor leaders, and our respective memberships to recruit, welcome, and retain the most competent and skilled workforce available while embracing differences in age, ability, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, national origin, language, marital status, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, and other characteristics that make individuals unique. SMACNA and SMART are strongly committed to take the necessary steps to achieve our goal of a diverse industry with no tolerance of bullying, harassment, or discrimination. We will provide regular updates on our progress on the strategic plan and on our continued work to promote our shared values of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
SMACNA and SMART are now in the process of developing a strategic plan to help us reach our goals and build the foundation of an industry dedicated to equity and inclusion.
- SMART Education Department holds organizing training in Portland
- Talking SMART: Member Brings Voice of Working Families to CT Statehouse
- Special Focus: Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund certified as healthy, in the ‘Green Zone’
- SM Local 73 lends warmth to Chicago residents
- SM Local 9 SMART MAP Eliminates Stigma Around Mental Health
- Join the NALC Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
- House Transportation leaders urge FRA to act on fatigue, attendance policies
- SMART-TD, BLET gather allies at TTD Executive Committee meeting
- GOP reps encourage BNSF to re-think Hi-Viz
- UMWA marks year since initiating strike