Bus operators employed by Brega Transport Corp. that provide service for Transport of Rockland in Rockland County, New York, have voted for representation by the SMART Transportation Division.
Of the eligible voters who participated in the election, 46 selected SMART TD, 21 voted for no union representation and 11 for voted representation by another organization.
The vote brings 89 new members to the SMART TD’s Bus Department.
SMART TD’s Director of Organizing Rich Ross praised the efforts of Alternate Vice President – Bus and Organizer Calvin Studivant, along with Local 1594 officers Waverly Harris and Brian Caldwell for their efforts throughout the campaign.
“They braved the elements and put boots to the ground to get SMART TD’s message out to the drivers,” Ross said.
Ross also thanked Vice President – Bus Bonnie Morr, Rockland Coaches GO RCL General Chairperson Helaine Parsons and New York State Legislative Director Sam Nasca for their assistance with the campaign.
- Bus VP Studivant retires; James Sandoval is new VP
- SMART-TD announces tentative agreement with BNSF that addresses quality of life issues and predictability for time off
- FRA awards SMART-TD over $600,000 to fill void in rail carriers’ training programs
- Computer outage does not affect TD RTS events
- TD Local 278 shows solidarity with UAW
- North and South Carolina members join for Solidarity Shoot
- What TD members can do to support the UAW strike
- SMART-TD forms new committee to address assaults on bus and transit operators
- Message to rail workers from TD President Ferguson re: UAW strike action
- Effort by coworkers ensures fallen TD Local 1846 member will not be forgotten