Left to right: Nick Cometti, Dave Renshaw, Gabe Precourt, Doug Cox, Viki Siok, Jeff Herling and Trevor LeBeau.
On April 3, 2022, SM Local 58’s (Syracuse, N.Y.) SMART Army gathered in Utica to help Sleep in Heavenly Peace build twin-size and bunk beds for kids without beds in the Mohawk Valley. With the help of first-, second- and third-year apprentices Nick Cometti, Dave Renshaw, Gabe Precourt, Doug Cox, Viki Siok, Jeff Herling and Trevor LeBeau, plus volunteers from the local community, our SMART brothers and sisters were able to put together 276 beds.
“There were stations set up for cutting, drilling, sanding, staining, assembling and branding,” said Local 58’s Jeff Foster. “It was a nice feeling to know that we were there to help out with families that have come on hard times.”
- Special Focus: SMART sisters, allies build solidarity to strengthen our future at Tradeswomen Build Nations 2022
- In for the long haul
- You made the difference
- Our message has been sent
- 2022 year in review
- Rail workers rally against PSR, call for better working conditions
- BE4ALL Committee, subcommittees meet in Chicago
- Butler, Miller named SMART GVPs
- Local 28 business rep. details the importance of organizing
- SMART Army builds paracord bracelets for servicemembers