Warning: Do not try this without your employer’s permission.
That said, a bus driver in Geneva, Switzerland, has gained television stardom there for her singing while at the wheel, reports AFP international news service.
The 49-year-old female driver, Maya Wirz, was given to singing opera while on the job, and soon gained the nickname of Switzerland’s Susan Boyle. “I want to sing for heaven’s sake,” the driver told the AFP.
So after a 13-year career as a bus driver, she is now flirting with national stardom, reports the AFP.
She also sings in the bath, she told the AFP — probably a better place for most wannabe sopranos than on the job.
- A Memorial Day message from TD President Jeremy Ferguson
- Nevada members: Let Gov. Lombardo know he should sign rail safety bill!
- GO-851 and GO-513 reach tentative agreement with CSX with paid sick days
- Minnesota governor signs omnibus bill, making two-person freight crews law
- Input needed for union’s FTA bus operator safety comment
- Railroad Retirement Board statements of service being issued
- SMART-TD takes lead during ‘Railroad Safety Day’ on Capitol Hill
- Registration for annual SMART Leadership Conference now open for TD officers
- Watch: Local sheet metal unions win back pay for wage theft and worker misclassification
- Union launches rail hours of service violation report, updates safety condition and rail technology event report