WASHINGTON – NewJersey.com reported that U.S. Senators Cory Booker and Robert Melendez wrote to the Senate Appropriations subcommittee on transportation, calling on committee leadership to secure federal funding for Amtrak and also for the Amtrak Gateway Project – which seeks to rebuild and restructure the commuter train tunnel system that has connected New York City and New Jersey for more than a century. This comes after the occurrence of devastating derailments in the northeast corridor over the past year. Read the complete story here.
The New York Post.com also reported that U.S. Senator Charles Schumer is calling on the feds for funding to “help fix Amtrak.” Click here to read the entire story.
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC