A top Senate Democrat is calling on the Obama administration to scrutinize federal contractors’ compliance with labor laws, citing results of a congressional investigation that showed widespread violations of the law.
The findings were outlined Wednesday by Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Chairman Tom Harkin (D., Iowa). The year-long probe conducted by his staff found that nearly 30% of companies hit with the highest penalties for federal labor-law violations are also federal contractors.
You can read more about this story via the Wall Street Journal.
- Growth through unity
- SMART, labor allies convene at AFL-CIO Convention to build worker power
- N.J. SLD recognized for leadership, tapped to lead economic coalition
- Fortune Magazine highlights the benefits of a union sheet metal career
- SMART TD President Ferguson and BLET President Pierce give joint interview on podcast
- Transportation labor reacts to the State of the Union Address
- VA Adds TABB As Accepted Certification Body
- Career of a lifetime: Renato Favero’s 80 years of service
- SM Local 280 SMART Army Helps Local Charity Aid Community
- New SMOHIT Safety Guide Available