WASHINGTON, DC—Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD) President Edward Wytkind issued this statement applauding the Senate for including surface transportation bill (MAP-21) funding levels in its FY 2013 appropriations package (UTU-SMART is a member of the TTD):
“The Senate has wisely rejected the irresponsible cuts to mass transit and highways in the House Continuing Resolution (CR) funding bill, deciding instead to live up to the investment levels embodied in the MAP-21 reauthorization bill completed just nine months ago.
“Our roads and bridges are suffering from disrepair and transit budgets have been devastated at a time when more Americans than ever are riding public transportation. And while MAP-21 did not go far enough to protect the Highway Trust Fund from insolvency, it was a bipartisan bill that recognized the importance of these investments to our economy and job creation.
“The House version must be rejected – it would undo the progress from MAP-21, threaten good jobs and roll back spending to unacceptable levels. Let’s keep the promises made in MAP-21 and enact the Senate transit and highway funding levels.”
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for 2 person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB
- Statement from SMART-TD regarding the commencement of the Presidential Emergency Board
- Your experiences – our PEB case!