Effective January 1, 2022 SASMI will offer two new COVID related benefits. A Vaccination Benefit and an Interference with work Benefit
To encourage all participants to receive a vaccination to protect against COVID-19, members ($200.00) and their covered eligible dependents (spouse and/or children $100.00) may be eligible for a vaccination benefit.
Interference with Work Benefit
If a member became ill and could not work due to significant side effects from a first, second and/or booster vaccination for COVID-19, they may be eligible to receive a benefit. Up to 24 hours of wages at your home local union wage rate, per vaccination.
How to Apply for Both Benefits:
If eligible, members need to complete the application on the member portal via SASMI’s website (www.sasmi.org). A separate application will be required for each benefit. A separate application is required for each of the member’s dependents. Each application must include: A copy of their individual vaccination card (front and back), Manufacturer information,Vaccine lot number, A Vaccination Card ID (number on the back right corner of their card).
Finally, they will need to consent that SASMI can verify their status with the CDC and that SASMI can verify dependent eligibility with their local health fund (Vaccination Benefit ONLY). Receipt of the Vaccination Benefit does not limit a participant’s eligibility for other active benefits under the Plan and is not considered when calculating Severance or HCRA benefits. However, the Interference with Work Benefit will be included when calculating Severance or HCRA benefits as well as the 200% Rule.
- Michael Coleman is elected SMART General President, succeeding Joseph Sellers
- Debt default threatens American workers: Take action today
- SMART Local 110 hosts Take Kids Fishing Day events with Union Sportsmen’s Alliance
- SMART News episode eight features member voices on right-to-work repeal, rail safety, jobs in Ohio and more
- NABTU Legislative Conference brings SMART members to DC to push for pro-worker policy
- Green, UNION jobs: SMART members continue to build our green future on Earth Day 2023
- Sheet metal worker-owner earns “Contractor of the Year” honorable mention
- Deputy Labor Secretary Julie Su has walked the walk for workers
- SMART Member Assistance Program keeps focus on union workers’ mental health
- SMART members show up for project labor agreements, union jobs in Northern California