SANTA MONICA, Calif. – UTU members employed by Santa Monica Regional Bus Lines (UTU Local 1785) have ratified a new three-year contract by a three-to-one margin.
The contract, which expires June 30, 2014, includes pay raises, maintains and improves work rules, retains full-coverage health care insurance, and provides that discipline for using cell phones on duty must be verified on camera or witnessed by two or more independent sources. (The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration cell-phone ban affects only drivers in interstate commerce.)
UTU International Vice President Vic Baffoni, who assisted in negotiations, praised the efforts of General Chairperson Adhi Reddy and Local 1785 officers Moses Avila and Martin Guerrero.
- It’s a step ahead for Pa. rail safety bill
- TD leadership participates in NS Bellevue safety event
- Veto means Nevada governor picked politics over safety
- Synopsis released of NS yardmaster agreement
- TD initiates census effort — please verify your information!
- SMART-TD and NS reach yardmaster sick leave deal; carrier completes negotiations with all unions
- SMART-TD members ratify tentative agreement with Norfolk Southern
- TD DLC firm pitches in to assist with Minn. 2PC success
- Sara Youngdahl is new SMART-TD DLC Coordinator
- Members of GO-953 ratify historic tentative agreement with Union Pacific