SANTA MONICA, Calif. – UTU members employed by Santa Monica Regional Bus Lines (UTU Local 1785) have ratified a new three-year contract by a three-to-one margin.
The contract, which expires June 30, 2014, includes pay raises, maintains and improves work rules, retains full-coverage health care insurance, and provides that discipline for using cell phones on duty must be verified on camera or witnessed by two or more independent sources. (The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration cell-phone ban affects only drivers in interstate commerce.)
UTU International Vice President Vic Baffoni, who assisted in negotiations, praised the efforts of General Chairperson Adhi Reddy and Local 1785 officers Moses Avila and Martin Guerrero.
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)