SANTA CRUZ, Calif. — UTU-represented members employed as bus operators by the Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District have become “the highest-paid bus operators in America” following ratification of a new three-year labor agreement, said Bonnie Morr, vice president of the UTU Bus Department.
UTU Local 23 members ratified two agreements – the one by bus operators, and a second affecting drivers who perform services for the disabled.
Leading the negotiations were General Chairperson Eduardo Montesino and Vice Chairpersons Jason Andrews, Daniel Zaragosa, Todd Pinsky and Sergio Tabag. Morr provided negotiating assistance.
“These negotiations brought a balance to a workforce that had a 37-day strike in 2005 in order to obtain benefits that been denied them over the years,” Morr said.
- SMART-TD Tentative Agreement update: Oct. 5, 2022
- TD organizing win thanks to collaboration in Michigan
- Ultimately, decision about tentative agreement is in members’ hands
- New updating features for TD members in SMART Portal
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar