Canadian Pacific Railway recently reported that a shotgun shell was found in the locking pin of the coupler on the Quebec Gatineau Railway (QGRY) in Quebec.
“This type of mischief has potentially fatal consequences and serves as a reminder that employees must always be aware of their surroundings, perform thorough equipment inspections and report any suspicious activity immediately to CP police for further investigation,” CP said in a safety alert.
“Situational awareness, knowledge of equipment and compliance with safety procedures are key elements in performing tasks safely. Should you encounter a similar condition as described above, please protect the hazard and report it to your supervisor immediately.”
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen
- SMART-TD, BLET joint statement on rail embargo
- SMART Mechanical Department reaches tentative agreement with the NCCC