Union officials, auxiliary members and their spouses as well as rail employees and spouses within five years of retirement are welcome to attend one of a series of Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) pre-retirement seminars.
The spring schedule is as follows:
|April 28, 2023||Courtyard by Marriott, 14635 Baldwin Park Towne Center, Baldwin Park, Calif.|
|May 05, 2023||AJC Federal Building, 1240 E 9th Street, 31st Floor Auditorium, Cleveland, Ohio|
|May 12, 2023||Eugene T. Mahoney State Park, 28500 West Park Hwy., Ashland, Neb.|
|May 19, 2023||US Customs House, 721 19th Street, First Floor Room 181, Denver, Colo.|
|June 9, 2023||Richard Boling Federal Building, 601 E. 12th Street, Room G-64 (Cafe Conference Room), Kansas City, Mo.|
|June 23, 2023||Tinley Park Convention Center, 18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, Ill.|
While most of the program focuses on various aspects of Railroad Retirement benefits, each seminar closes with a brief presentation on railroad unemployment and sickness benefits to help prepare union officers for sharing reliable information with members.
How to register
Online registration is required to ensure accommodations and materials for all attendees.
Security screening is required for seminars hosted inside any federal buildings. Bring a current, valid photo ID (issued by state/federal government); no weapons permitted.
Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required to file a Railroad Retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage, or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
Visit RRB.gov/PRS to register.
Select your local seminar from the schedule listed, click the register button, enter your information, and hit submit.
To RSVP on paper instead: select your local seminar from the schedule listed, find the blank registration form (PDF) to print and complete, then mail or fax it to your local RRB field office. Contact information for each office hosting a seminar is accessible through the Field Office Locator at RRB.gov.
Event details and registration will be available approximately 70 days in advance of each seminar, and registration will be closed for any seminar that reaches capacity.
Please inform RRB if you sign up for a seminar and become unable to attend.
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- TD Ohio SLD to appear before Senate at hearing today
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- Analysis: Lawsuit means shareholders might not be OK after East Palestine
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Kansas rail safety legislation needs support
- Husband of TD staff member in need of liver donor
- Railway Safety Act top of mind at Senate’s NS hearing
- From the Ballast: Accountability? Shaw didn’t show it
- Utah rail safety bill awaits signature of governor