The U.S. Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) has announced that during the lapse in federal funding for certain government operations which began Jan. 20, ongoing benefit payments will continue and all RRB offices are expected to remain open.
RRB field offices, operating with reduced staffs, will continue to accept new claims for unemployment and sickness benefits, as well as new applications for retirement, survivor, and disability benefits. People receiving ongoing benefit payments are still obliged to report any events that would affect the payment of their benefits.
Individuals calling the RRB’s toll-free telephone number (1-877-772-5772) and having difficulty in reaching an agency representative are asked to be patient as offices are operating with a very limited staff.
- SMART launches video news show focused on issues that matter to members
- Ill. governor pledges his support for the Rule of 2
- SMART statement on DOL rule rescinding IRAPs
- Local 556 loses member to alleged drunken driver
- Two-person crew rule’s comment period receives extension
- Registration open for Branson, Mo., TD Regional Training Seminar
- Local 1846 loses member in accident, fundraiser established
- SMART-TD statement on the tentative agreement (Sept. 16, 2022)
- SMART-TD, BLET reach tentative agreement with railroads
- SMART-TD mourns loss of Local 1263 Local Chairperson Richard Keen