RIVERSIDE, Calif. — School bus-driver members employed by First Student here have voted to return to the UTU, and an agreement negotiated prior to their departure has been implemented.
First Student also agreed to provide retroactive pay in addition to wage increases, and the 120 drivers covered by the agreement also obtained advancement of seniority and seniority pay scales that had been frozen during the period the drivers were represented by another organization.
UTU Bus Department Alternate Vice President Bonnie Morr, who assisted with the negotiations, praised the efforts of First Student drivers Roman Lara and Chris Hubbell. Both had been officers of UTU Local 1496 before its members chose to affiliate with another organization. “They really made a difference,” Morr said.
Preparations for new elections are underway.
- TD president addresses SMART General Session, TD officers
- Oberman addresses SMART General Session
- Two-person crew saves the life of missing woman
- TD President Ferguson, three members testify before STB
- FRA NPRM: The truth behind the need for two-person crews
- SMART-TD LACMTA operators ratify tentative contract
- House leaders introduce bill reauthorizing STB and to assist rail customers
- SMART-TD, BLET presidents update members following PEB 250
- Union Plus opens ‘Unions Power America’ contest￼
- United Rail Unions statement on opening of PEB