Retired UTU member Tom Berry (Local 528, Chicago) has been endorsed by the Texas Democratic party to run for the U.S. House of Representatives in November, representing the Fifth Congressional District in Texas, which includes portions of Dallas.
It will be an uphill battle. His Republican opponent, four-term congressman Jeb Hensarling, won with 84 percent of the vote in 2008.
Berry is running on a platform in support of health care reform and in opposition to privatization of Social Security.
Berry retired from Union Pacific in 2006. He served five four-year terms (1971-1991) as Local 528 chairperson, and also served as UTU’s Illinois state legislative director.
To learn more about Berry and his campaign, click on the following link: http://www.TomBerryforCongress.com
- TCU & Shop-Craft Coalition reaches tentative agreement with Amtrak
- Ohio SLD Whitaker, senators state case for Railway Safety Act before commerce committee
- To better serve you, we have to know where you are!
- UPDATED: President Ferguson appears with U.S. Sen. Brown to discuss Railway Safety Act
- FRA issues safety bulletin on grade-crossing shove moves after fatal accident
- Railway Safety Act top of mind at Senate’s NS hearing
- From the Ballast: Accountability? Shaw didn’t show it
- SMART-TD strongly supports bipartisan Railway Safety Act of 2023
- SMART-TD statement on DOT Secretary Buttigieg’s letter regarding rail industry safety and accountability
- Your contributions make our union voice stronger!